The Petnica Fund was founded with the following goals:
1. encouraging and developing scientific and research creativity in secondary-school and university students talented for and exceptionally interested in science and modern technologies;
2. improving their education and scientific research conditions;
3. creating and encouraging information exchange with appropriate institutions worldwide, in the field of scientific work and education of talented youth;
4. helping students participate in scientific and expert conferences;
5. connecting all individuals and organizations interested in providing financial and other types of aid for the development and improvement of Petnica Science Centers educational work.